Home Latest US authorities arrest Afghan-origin man over online bomb claim

US authorities arrest Afghan-origin man over online bomb claim

2 min read

Security agencies in the United States have arrested an Afghan-origin man after he allegedly claimed on social media that he had the ability to build a bomb and threatened to target the city of Fort Worth, according to US media reports.

According to foreign media reports, the suspect, identified as Mohammad Daoud Alokzai, reportedly posted a video on TikTok in which he portrayed himself as a bomb maker and issued a threat against the city. The video triggered an immediate response from federal authorities.

Officials said Alokzai was taken into custody on Tuesday by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). US media further reported that Alokzai had arrived in the United States under the Operation Allies Welcome resettlement programme, and was issued a Green Card on September 7, 2022.?

US President Donald Trump also confirmed the arrest on his platform, Truth Social.

Investigators said that after the TikTok video surfaced, a formal case was registered and Alokzai was detained without delay.

The incident follows another case earlier this week in Washington, where an Afghan national, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, was arrested near the White House for allegedly firing at National Guard personnel. He too had arrived in the US in 2021.

Officials say the two cases have prompted security agencies to step up screening and monitoring of refugees, particularly individuals who recently arrived from Afghanistan, including closer scrutiny of their online activity.

Author

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Editor in Chief
Load More In Latest
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Saudi Arabia elected to International Maritime Organization Council

Saudi Arabia has been elected to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Council for…